Thursday, October 29, 2009

requirements to become a teacher

I know that I am a better teacher because I allow myself to be challenged by my students. For more information on teaching requirements as they vary by state, visit the U.S. Department of Education state directory. ...Depending on the state one wants to acquire their teaching license determines the requirements to become a teacher. In most cases, private schools do not require a license. The required education not only varies by state, ...How to Become a Teacher – Basic Steps. October 7th, 2009 by admin Leave a reply ». 1) If you are still in college and getting a degree in education, your program will supply you with all the necessary tools to acquire a position, ... My advice is to find out through your State Board of Education website, the requirements to register for the exam and take and pass them as quickly as you can. Having passed these exams will go a long way in getting you to your first teaching ...I got laid off after 19yrs, and went back to school to become a teacher. 1. As for college or university is objective, and how much money you have, or are willing to spend for school. But I will say everywhere in the world is in need of ...So with all the jobs available, you might wonder how to become a teacher? What are some of the requirements? If you like kids and having the summer's off, here is what you need in order to get started. ...I heard you can get an emergency credential? I have a Bachelors degree and lots of life experience.There are no seat time requirements or minimum hours required. You demonstrate you have the knowledge, through a program like ABCTE, and you can become a teacher. Meanwhile, down in Louisiana, they created an alternative program that ...Recipients may receive $5000 per academic year and must teach in an Arkansas public school for five years after completing teacher license requirements. The teaching requirement will be reduced to three years for designated subject and/or geographic shortage ... Individuals of African American/Black, Hispanic American, Asian American or Native American origin intending to become teachers are eligible to receive up to $5000 annually to pursue their teacher certification. ...As far as I can tell I meet the requirements for participating in the lateral entry program and first and foremost need to find a position with a high school, at which point that school will recommend me for the lateral entry program ...One of the things he said was a piece of advice if someone wanted to become a teacher: “Go see the world first. Then come back and teach.” He was right, of course. I hadn't seen the world at all. I didn't know much about life, ...
Well i really wanna do something with working with kids so i came down to those two options. Please help me i really need help!


Not having taken a college English course yet, I'm a little rusty at writing essay's, but I'll give this my best try. I've been interested in computers for as long as I can remember and was introduced to them at a very young age. I was around five years old, when my father and I bought our families first computer. When we got it home and he set it up, I remember being afraid of the strange beeping noises that it made. The initial fear however, quickly grew into a passion. I played around with computers and electronics in grade school and much of high school, ranging from installing a stereo in my friends car, to putting LED headlights in my cousin's remote controlled car, to build myself a computer. In high school I became involved in starting the schools computer club which had previously not existed. Me and a few of my other friends became friendly with the schools IT manager who allowed us to hold club meetings and and arrange activities for the club after school. Under his supervision, we mainly went around after school fixing teachers computers, and doing the dirty work so to speak. If a projector wasn't working, we would go and figure out why, If a computer wasn't doing what it should have been doing, we would go and fix it. In our senior year we even helped build and install over 20 new computers for the schools library. I feel that what we did gave me a lot of real world experiences, and helped build my skills.
These experiences I had in my younger years, have all just fortified what I feel I want to do in life. I have a passion for computers and know that I need to incorporate them some how into my future. Ever since I have come to college, and was introduced to simple c++ programing and engineering programs like Auto-cad and Solid works, I was blown away. For me their has been a slight adjustment to college from high school, and my freshmen year, I ended up failing an algebra class which has set me back a bit. Because I failed that class I did not have the appropriate prerequisites to take the calculus class that I needed in order to take calculus. Because I cannot take the class that I need this semester I will be behind by one semester. Because of this I will not be able to meet my entrance to major requirements on time. I will have to change my intended major to something else that might interest me if I want to stay at *** **** < (name of school). However I don't want to stop my dream to become a computer engineer here just because I ended up failing a class. That is why I wish to attend *** University and go on and do what I feel is my calling, and to one work for a company that designs internal consumer computer components like motherboards, or processors perhaps.
Anyone?..... just opinions that's all, you don't have to read it all.


I gave up on my dream because the road as I see it is way too difficult. I find it hard to believe that I might actually get it. I frequently change my desires in life and now the old thoughts are haunting me. My problem is: I give up too easily. If it seems impossible, I don't even try. I'm not an outgoing person and I don't think I ever will be. Right now, I find that my future will be full of misery. My dream was to be a lawyer. I found law to be exciting and something I can be good at because I argue a lot and have a good basis of logic and reasoning. That is until I read the requirements. Too much of those things I can't do. I fear of competition. I also had a dream of being an agent of the criminal justice system, which relates to law in a certain form. Then I wanted to become a doctor. I was put down by the thought that if I was a surgeon of any form, the chance of failure would bankrupt me and I just killed an innocent person, plus I need to explain this to their family. Then I wanted to become an engineer. I am pretty good at mathematics and science. I wanted to become an inventor of a device that could help humanity greatly and have my name on it. I wanted to be a business man. I saw my teacher and he was a big success, despite his business being so small. I got inspired and wanted to start my own. The only problem is that there are so many problems with starting a business and so little advantages, one of them being the neglecting your family. of And now, I want to be a writer, reasons unknown. I don't see any of these working out. I don't know what my interest is anymore.


Hello,

I am currently a senior in college. I love human anatomy. I have been teacher assisting for the past 2 semesters. I got an A in both lab and lecture.

I am currently in a crisis of not knowing what I want to do after I graduate. So I was wondering what are the requirements for being an anatomy teacher at a high school? also what is the typical income for it in the state of VA?

Can anyone break it down for me?


Teachers' Unions Uneasy with Obama

By: Nia-Malika Henderson
October 17, 2009 05:57 PM EST

Photo: AP
Barack Obama and Arne Duncan talk to high school students before giving a speech

A skirmish between powerful teachers’ unions and President Barack Obama over nearly $5 billion in education spending is shaping up as a preview of the battle to come over No Child Left Behind in Congress early next year.


But the tables are turned: now the unions are worried that Obama, a Democratic ally, is going to be just as tough on them as President George W. Bush, a longtime foe.


The dispute adds teachers’ unions to a growing list of key Democratic constituencies that have been frustrated by Obama’s lunges toward the political middle, along with gay-rights activists upset Obama won’t lift the ban on gays in the military, and Latino officials who say Obama is slow-walking immigration reform.


So far, both the unions and Education Secretary Arne Duncan have tried to avoid a full-on collision, and the unions are showing new flexibility in accepting previously unheard-of moves like stricter teacher evaluations.


But they’re also making it clear they'll only go so far with Obama, who was booed at two teachers' union conventions when he was a candidate.


One of the little-noticed aspects of Obama’s presidency is how much his approach to education mirrors Bush’s – heavy on testing and data-collection, with support for charter schools, teacher evaluations and merit pay.


That’s what Obama and Duncan are stressing in upcoming decisions over how to award the nearly $5 billion in “Race to the Top” funds, with final guidelines due in November.


And the reform efforts seen in Race to the Top are what some education observers expect Obama to seek in reauthorizing the No Child Left Behind law, which administration officials said will be developed in the coming months.


The unions tried to shoot down some of those concepts in formal responses to the Race to the Top program – but all signs are that Duncan’s Education Department isn’t backing off significantly.


And clearly, the unions expected more from a Democratic president.


Randi Weingarten, president of the 1.4 million-member American Federation of Teachers, gave the administration an “A for effort,” but has some concerns.


“This administration doesn’t want to be ‘Bush Three,’ but some of the things that are coming out…simply charter schools and measurement… that’s what the previous administrations pushed,” Weingarten said, referring to Bush and his father, the president.


“Data is important and charter schools can be great incubators for instructional practice and labor relations practice, but if it ends up just becoming measurement and some charter schools, that’s not public education,” she said.

Said Dennis Van Roekel, president of the 3.2 million-member National Education Association:
“Obviously we hope that some of the proposed changes will be reflected in the new guidelines. There could be major changes or minor changes, I just don’t know. But I don’t think there will be major changes.”


Announced in July, the nationwide competition offers states a chance to get a windfall of funds if they meet certain eligibility criteria. Among the 19 requirements are developing and implementing common statewide standards and data systems and increasing the availability of charter schools.


Already, cash-strapped states are moving to comply. Eight states, including Illinois, Ohio and Tennessee, have lifted caps on charter schools. California and Wisconsin are moving to lift restrictions linking test scores to teacher evaluation.


Initial guidelines for the money drew about 1,100 responses, with many offering support, yet some of the most heated comments came from teachers’ unions.


In a 26-page letter, the NEA said they found the “top-down approach disturbing” and that the emphasis on data amounted to “ignoring states’ rights to enact their own laws and constitutions.”


“We have been down that road before with the failures of the No Child Left Behind, and we cannot support yet another layer of federal mandates that have little or no research base of success, and that usurp state and local governments’ responsibilities for public education,” the group’s letter said.


While the Education Department in June tore down the red school house with the words No Child Left Behind above the door, and the law will be renamed, some are concerned that the requirements for Race to the Top are a blueprint for reauthorization of NCLB.


In his most recent speech about the No Child law, Duncan praised the effort, saying that it “helped expand the standards and accountability movement.”


“Today, we expect districts, principals and teachers to take responsibility for the academic performance of their schools and districts. We can never


Well, I want to become a Dentist Hygienist. I thought I had to go to college, but my business teacher told me that its not a requirement that there are some schools out there that are just for Dentist Hygienist. I just want to know if you guys know about some schools that I could go without going to college, and who long does it take to graduate. (I live in ATL).


Doesn't matter if we're in different states. Just tell me the age requirement in your state. 21? 22? Thanks.


I'm doing a poster thing about the Bill of Rights and such.
The teacher left all the information out for the class to take notes, however, I, the Procrastinator, decided I would do it later.
The poster is due tomorrow, and I'd like to turn something in on time for once.
So, here are the requirements:

Declaration of independence: major author, date it was signed, and what it declared the colonies to be

For the Constitution: major author, the date it was signed, the day it became law

The Bill of rights: (first ten amendments), what it was based on, who it was written by, and what it contained

For the articles of confederation: first major __(fill in the blank)____ of the nation, one of the major problems faced with the article.

I'm not trying to be lazy or anything, I just want direct answers instead going on a magical journey through Google.

Please answer as much as you know.
Thanks<3


I am majoring in Political Science and I eventually want to work in that field but I've always had an interest in being an elementary school teacher. While I am in graduate school I was wondering if it would be possible to work as a teacher.

What are the requirements as far as degrees or certifications? Would it be possible for me to become a teacher with a Political Science degree?

Thanks for any input.


I know this was circulated around the internet as a joke, but to though of us who's childhood was in the 50s and 60s, the real joke is that this is accurate. Do you think we hit bottom or are these idiots going to keep pushing and take us to a deeper low?

SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2007

Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.
1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2007 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.
1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2007 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.
1957 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2007 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and t heir dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1957 - Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.
2007 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.
1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.
2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.
1957 - Ants die.
2007 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Let's start with the educational system and start by getting people in there to run the place that are capable of thinking. There are far too many college graduates with advanced degrees who lack the ability to reason or think through even a simple problem.

A student can't learn if there is no one there to teach them.


I'm having a real hard time deciding on what I want to major in. The only thing I really want to do is acting. I am already an actor that goes on commercial auditions. But, I know that it is not a stable career choice. As of right now, I'm a few weeks into my first fall semester at a community college. I'm planning on transferring to a UC after a few years.

I should decide what major right now so I can follow the requirements to transfer to a university. I have thought about becoming a film editor, but that's another unstable career choice.

I'm not interested to become a teacher because I don't like the school setting. But, I want to do something useful with my life such as helping people. Any career that can help me make good amount of money. I'm been thinking about becoming a social worker so I can help children. Any suggestions?


I am studying hard everyday to become a physicist and this stupid Shakespeare stuff that I couldn't care less about is getting in the way. My English 12 teacher is making me study it all the time and its getting in the way of my occupation. I am a senior in High School. Why does the U.S department of education require me to learn about Shakespeare? How will this contribute to my future?

I feel its just taking away my study time for physics.


1.How long have you worked in this field (name the field)?
2.How long have you worked with this company? How long have you worked in this position?
3.How did you become interested in this type of position?
4.What are the requirements to obtain a position similar to yours?
5.What are your primary duties and responsibilities?
6.What is your educational background?
7.What are some of the positive aspects of your job or what do you like most about your job?
8.What are some of the challenges you face?
9.What are some other positions you have held prior to obtaining this job?
10.What are your future career plans? Do you plan to stay in this field?
11.What personal characteristics have helped you be successful in this job?
12.What are the opportunities for advancement in your company and from the position you are currently in?
13.What professional associations are you involved in?
14.What recommendations do you have that can help me develop as a professional?
15.What advice would you give to someone aspiring to be in a similar position as yours?

my contact: sweet428144@yahoo.com


I received my BA in Political Science and English. Currently, I am working as social worker case worker and studying to take the Praxis I. I want to teach middle school math? What are the requirements to teach math. Thank you so much for your help. Also is GRE similar to Praxis or no.


My boyfriend would like to become a high school history teacher, but we are unclear as to the requirements for this. Can anyone tell me, in dumbed-down, everyday language, what to do to become a high-school teacher? For instance, what degrees he should get (one in education or in history?), etc.

Thank you in advance for answering!


I cant seem to find any information any where and its starting to get annoying, I wanna study in Japan because i am studying to become a English teacher with hopes of teaching there one day...can anyone help?


In the future I would like to become a middle school english teacher. I'm only a freshmen in high school so I have quite awhile before that happens. I would like to know about the requirements for this job. My main concern is, does english have to be your first language? I'd also like to know about any other requirements, thank you!


My teacher has given us all the questions that are going to be on our U.S. History test Wednesday. One of them is an extra credit question:What are the 5 requirements to become president?

He gave us 4 answers. Atleast 35 years old; U.S. Citizen; Lived in U.S. for atleast 14 years; and born in the U.S.

He is saying that theres a fifth one and that it cant be found anywhere on the internet and that its a "logical" problem! Does anyone have any ideas? =X. Please!


What are the requirements?
I am a Native English speaker, if that helps.

Thank you!


I'm seriously considering moving to Florida. I am a college graduate and I have a bachelor's degree in English and a minor in Psych. I've been working as a teaching assistant in my home state for two years.

Once I settle in Florida, I'd like to start a career in elementary education. What qualifications do I need to be a primary teacher in Florida?

My home state requires teachers to complete a state regulated education program and obtain a certification. Does Florida have the same requirements? I'm not currently certified in my state.


I have come to the conclusion that what I want to do in life is become a high school English teacher.

[Pause for effect, applause, pity, etc].

Unfortunately, my BA is in Sociology and I did not take many English courses. I'd like to avoid getting another BA if possible. Therefore, I am hoping the [U.S.] teaching community can offer some suggestions.

I have been considering two avenues: taking an MA in English and then getting teaching certification, and taking an MA in English Education. However, I am having trouble finding programs that will accommodate my lack of undergrad English preparation; will you please offer any suggestions?

And the invaluable question: Is there another avenue I am overlooking?

If it must be another BA, do you know of any accelerated programs?

Notes:
1. I am also interested in Teaching English as a Second Language/Foreign Language and its counterparts, but I'd like that certification in addition to secondary school certification.

2. I know certification requirements vary broadly by state. If location is necessary to your answer, l am interested in teaching in one of these: New England, Pacific Northwest, California, Colorado, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania.

Thank you!


I'm 29 years old and have an amazing opportunity to go back to school full time and finally earn my degree, thanks to my amazing boyfriend who's going to support me. I'll be leaving a job where I make about $29,000 a year to re-start my college career and eventually become a teacher. The only requirement I have is to find a part time job where I can earn a minimum of $10,000 a year; any suggestions where I can get a part time job during my time in school.

Also, I need help applying for scholarships and/or Grants. Since in theory, I'll only be working part-time and depending on my boyfriends income, I'm going to need for most of my school (if not all of it) paid for. I really really really want to stay away from student loans; I want to avoid paying anything back. Please help, thank you.


I just wanted to know how to become a Doctor.
The information that I would like to know is:
1) What Grades I Need
2)What Grades are Needed for University both GCSE and A-Levels, (especially for Nottingham Medical University, since I cantfind thier entry requirements)
3)What kinds of awards do I need, if i do need them.

I am currently in Year 11, and am studying the following:

Science Triple award (accelarated- faster work pace and im getting most A's and 2-3 B's and 1 C grade which im retaking)
Maths, (i did a early entry in year 9 and got a grade B, im predicted a A - A* now)
Enlgish and English Litrature, (I got a B in my normal English GCSE and now I have started Litrature)
Geography, but my teacher is only letting us do the foundation paper which goes upto only a C grade, and I got a D, only 8 marks away from C, so im also retaking that early this next year)
ICT OCR National Level 2, im on Distinction
and thats about it.

Please can you help me in which university I should go to and which College to go to also.

Thankyou Very Much


hey im in high school now, and i plan on becoming a public school music teacher, teaching students how to produce music and rap, and talking about history of rap and all. but my question is what exactly are the education requirements for a music teacher who wants to do this kind of stuff ??


Parachute Regiment and SAS Queries?
I'm 15, and starting to think more about my future career. I'm considering doing my A levels, doing Politics at University, and then going to Sandhurst to become a military officer, possibly in the Parachute Regiment. After 2 or 3 years there, I want to try out for Selection, and see if I can get into the Regiment. My questions are probably pretty obvious, but I have no idea of the answers.

1. How hard is the Para training course?
2. What are the eyesight requirements for the Paras and the SAS? My eyesight is... ok. If I sit at the back of the class, I need glasses to see when the teacher writes on the whiteboard.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.


I have never gotten a clear answer to this.
I took gr11 Physics and I got an 82 .... my lowest mark by FARR and I was just really not in the mood for taking physics again. However my biology teacher told me today that you need need NEEED physics for Life Science courses in University. I checked the course requirements in university needed to get accepted in Dental School and no where at all does it mention physics.

I'm confused, do I need to take gr12 Physics then or not to become an Ortho?


i am a senior in high school and i have my mind set on being a math teacher in preferably high school or possibly middle school her in arizona. (plan on going to GCC)
i want to know the requirements i would need to do this including what major if i have to get a bachelors or just a certificate in teaching math in college? and how long it will take ( 2,4,6 years)?


I'm graduating from university next spring with a BA in English and wish to travel abroad for awhile before I settle down with a job here in New York. Plus, nobody's hiring much nowadays anyway. I speak basic Spanish but want to become fluent and gain a new perspective on culture. Maybe, even live there for good one day.

My parents are European, so I know everything is smaller and expensive. I know I need a visa to stay for an extended period of time, but I want to know what requirements are needed to teach English in Europe. I don't want to be a teacher for the rest of my life, but to find a way to provide income while I'm overseas. Will I have to be certified? How do I go about doing so? How much are the wages? Also, what other jobs can an American do in Madrid or Barcelona to make enough to live by?

Gracias! :D


HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs2009
Scenario 1:

Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2008 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins.. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2008 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged them with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2008 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt..

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2008 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.


Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.

2008 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2008 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die.

2008 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2008 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison... Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.


This should hit every email inbox to show how stupid we have become!!


Such as what classes do I have to take and what classes are recommended to take also. what are the steps to getting the teaching position?


Good morning teachers, Mrs. Principal, Mr. Vice(not real names), and students. For those of you that don’t know, my name is __________ and I am running for the position of Student Council President. I would like to begin by wishing all of my opponents good luck.
I’d love to be able to promise you that you’ll never have homework, you’ll have better lunches, or, that school will start later, but unfortunately, these things are not up to me, or up to Student Council. But I can promise you other good things, like having classes occasionally earn a lunch in the courtyard. Or continuing St. ________’s strive for becoming a greener school.
I believe that to run for any office, or any job, of any kind, there are certain requirements that must be filled for the job to be done correctly. According to the Student Council Constitution, the qualities the President must possess are: responsibility, organization, flexibility, and hard-working skills.
I believe I’ve acquired and learned these skills because of my previous experience as a leader. In the fourth grade, I was elected treasurer of my class. In fifth, I was chosen as president. As a sixth and seventh grader, I was elected representative for my homeroom class. In the summer of becoming a seventh grader, I was chosen to attend The Junior National Young Leaders conference, in Washington DC. While I was there, I learned valuable skills that will last me throughout my entire life.
According to the Student Council Constitution, “The purpose of Student Council is to develop skills which will enhance a sense of school spirit and community within our school. It will be achieved by leadership and incorporating students in the decision making process, by providing a unified body for student activities, and by developing role models within the student body.” That means, as your president, it is my job, joined with the advisors, to benefit each and every one of you in a variety of ways. In conclusion, I think that I am the best choice for YOUR Student Council President. Just remember, you won’t need Obama, when you can have ________.


What can I do to make it better
ps: it's for 6-8th grade vote, and I'm keepin' the Obama part!


I have master's degree in Mathematics from my home country but I'm on a dependent visa here in US. I would like to become a teacher here for middle school but I don't have SSN . So I'm trying to get only teacher's certification that would be helpful to do job in my country.Can anyone help me about the requirement ?


I would like to become a kindergarten teacher in California in a public school. However, I'm not sure about the requirements I need. I already made an appointment with my school counselor but I'm just curious as to know right now rather that have to wait a whole month for my appointment and miss signing up for some classes I can take this semester towards teaching.


How many years of college, what degrees, specific classes in High School that would help reach this goal and in college classes as well?


I have a B.S. degree in an unrelated field. I am thinking about getting a masters in history or if i have to i can get a bachelors in history. I also do not know what then I will need to do to fulfill the educational training part? a degree in education or is there another way?


I'd like to teach high school geography... are there any courses I need to take in university (other than majoring in geography, then going onto teachers college)?
Do I major in one subject, then minor in another, or is it double major?


Thanks!


I'm currently in my 4th year of university studying to be a civil engineer, and am starting to have a few doubts. My question is, if I would like to become a teacher, say, 5 or 10 years down the road, what kind of process would I have to go through? I would already have my degree in civil engineering. Would I have to go through another 4 year program to become a teacher? What is the difference in requirements between becoming a high school teacher and an elementary school teacher?

Thanks!
Oh, and I live in California.
I also forgot to say, any helpful websites would be great!


I have master's degree from India but I'm on a dependent visa here in US. I wud like to become a teacher here for middle school but I don't have SSN .Can anyone help me about the requirements ?


So this is me second year at our community college. At first i thought i wanted to become an elementary teacher, but its not teaching i want to do, i just want to take care of kids. Like working at a day care, professionally taking care of someones kids. I go to paradise valley community college in phoenix, arizona. So i dont want "Associate in Arts in Elementary Education (AAEE) " anymore cause i DONT want to teach at a school. Can someone PLEASE help me! i am planning to make my way to an advisor soon, but hopefully someone online will know :(

if this helps this was under the "degree and certificates" link on my schools site:

2008 - 2009 Associate in Arts (AA)

2008 - 2009 Associate in Arts in Elementary Education (AAEE)

2008 - 2009 Associate in Arts (AA) Degree, Fine Arts - Art

2008 - 2009 Associate in Arts (AA) Degree, Fine Arts - Dance

2008 - 2009 Associate in Arts (AA) Degree, Fine Arts - Theatre

2008 - 2009 Associate in Business (ABUS) (General) Requirements

2008 - 2009 Associate in Business (ABUS) (Special) Requirements

2008 - 2009 Associate in General Studies (AGS)

2008 - 2009 Associate in Science (AS)

2008 - 2009 Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) - A, B, S

2008 - 2009 Associate in Applied Science General Education Requirements (Note: This is not a degree but approved general education requirements.)

please help! i also would like to get my associates too.. i dont think i can handle more school


I'm looking into going to school for japanese but I don't know exactly what it takes to become a foreign language teacher.

Are standards for requirements the same in japan as in america?


I am interested in getting teacher certification but it says that I need at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA as well as a 2.5 GPA in my specialty area. My cumulative GPA is like a 1.9 and I have over 300 credit hours. This is because I have gotten low grades in a lot of courses but I have since gone back and retaken those courses and gotten better grades but by retaking those classes it didn't replace my GPA with the higher grade. It just split the difference and factored in both grades. How can I become a teacher? Is it immpossible? What states are easier to get certification in?


I'm about to start my freshman year in college tomorrow at Warren-Wilson in North Carolina. I'm reallyreallyreally anxious about it. We spent the past week doing orientation and learning about the whole college experience, I even moved in last Monday. The school is a Liberal Arts college, with a program called "The Triad." It's basically a balancing act of Academics, Service and Work. We're required to do 100 hours of service before we graduate, so many hours of work, plus the requirements for the major you want. I'm sooooo worried that I'm not going to be able to balance everything out and end up failing my classes. Any advice on studying? Getting prepared?

Also, I live in Lawndale North Carolina, which is about an hour away from the college. Although it's really close, I don't like being away from my home and my family. My parents have told me that I'm free to come home every weekend if I want, which makes me feel better about that, considering that I will want to. College just seems soooo scary. I intend to major in Art and become an Art teacher and I'm just overwhelmed by everything. I'm a social introvert, and whenever someone talks to me I talk very little and make everything feel awkward. Any advice with this? Thanks!


I have viewed numerous websites on this subject and it's just too much info for me to decipher.

I completed Advanced Avionics school in the Navy. Very math intensive. I used to teach computer terminology, Word Perfect, Dbase III back in the dark ages of computers. I also taught Novell Netware (remember that?) at a community college in Minneapolis a few years back. I was a volunteer math teacher for the Urban League in St. Lous. etc. etc. etc. Not bragging - but I need a straight answer.

I am just wasting my time (selling satellite tv) when I think I can help. How can I parlay these skills (teaching inner city kids and spoiled suburban kids) that are just going to waste (the skills - not the kids!!!) . In plainspoken terms, what's required? What can I do?


Hi... the title is a bit of a attention grabber (although true..kind of..)

Im 20 years old and married. All I want to be is a mother and a wife but I know I must help my husband with the finances (hes in school to become an engineer) Ive been struggling with this decision lately and I finally settled on being a teacher. I have a series of short term goals just in case God decides we are ready for our little miracle anytime soon..and this way I can be working all throughout school..

heres my plan:

*Go to school to get Associates degree in early childhood education. Once I obtain 12 units I can become a preschool teacher.

*I will work as a preschool teacher while finishing the degree requirement.

*Then start course work for bachelors degree. I might atten part time or full time depending on if there is a baby by then...

*If I DO get pregnant around this time I will start an in home day care when I am able to ( to work while watching my baby)

*after bachelors degree go for my teachers certification

Does this sound like a good idea? Ive been struggling which career to focus on and this seemed like a perfect fit for me since I want a job thats family friendly and where I can make a difference, and I obviously love children (Ive worked in a daycare before)

I considered doing nursing also..but right now where I am (CA) the nursing programs are SO impacted it would take 2 years worth of waiting lists just for me to get started! and thats AFTER the prerequisites! or else I could pay around $30,000.

Anywho I was just looking for some feedback. I know I may be young but I have always wanted to be a mother, and coming from a broken home I want to give my child the love and nurturing that my mother never gave me..


I have an MS degree in Electrical Engineering. What would be the major common requirements across all states to become a junior or a high school (maths, physics) teacher.


I live in Australia and I want to teach English in Greece as I am Greek and Greek is my second language and I speak fluently in it. I am just about to enter VCE and I want to know what subjects I should take so that can happen and then after Year 12, what University courses do I have to take and other requirements that I will need. Thank-you


when i do my practicum how does that work? and student teaching? i just wanna teacher k-5. i dont want to do practicums or student teaching for higher grades...how can i make sure of that?

also, how many years generally is a duel major? will it be easier for me to get a job as an elem/spec ed degree rather than just an elem ed degree?

also, if i want to work for a school and continue on to get my masters will they pay?how many days will i be going to grad school? and will i have time to go to grad school ifi have a teaching job already!?


thankyou you are helping me out greatly if you answer these questions.

oh, and i know i used horrible grammar. so sorry but im in a bit of a rush!


What is like the average salary of one who teaches English to Japanese children over in Japan? How are the conditions of Japan and is it hard to become an english teacher over there? What are like the requirements for teaching English in Japan? Any information would be VERY appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment